Pages

Search Song Liryc

BY THE TIME I GET TO PHOENIX

BY THE TIME I GET TO PHOENIX

Glen Campbell, 1967

Gm F

By the time I get to Phoenix she’ll be risin’

Gm F

She’ll find the note I left hangin’ on her door.

Bb Gm

She’ll laugh when she reads the part that says I’m leavin’

Gm F

‘Cause I’ve left that girl so many times before.

Gm F

By the time I make Albuquerque she’ll be workin’

Gm F

She’ll pro’bly stop at lunch and give me a call.

Bb C

But she’ll just hear that phone.

Gm Dm Gm C

Keep on ringin’ off the wall, that’s all.

Gm F

By the time I make Oklahoma she’ll be sleepin’

Gm F

She’ll turn softly and call my name out low.

Bb C Gm Dm

And she’ll cry just to think I’d really leave her.

Gm C F

Tho’ time and time I’ve tried to tell her so.

Bb Gm A D C D

She just didn’t know I would really go.

No comments:

Post a Comment