Pages

Search Song Liryc

HONEY Bobby Goldsboro

HONEY Bobby Goldsboro

** See the tree, how big it’s grown.. but friend,
it hasn’t been too long.. it wasn’t big.
I laughed at her.. and she got mad,
the first day that she planted it was just a twig.
Then the first snow come and she ran out to brush
the snow away so it wouldn’t die.
Came runnin’ in all excited, slipped and almost
hurt herself, and I laughed ‘till I cried.
She was always young at heart,
kind a dumd and kind a smart, and I loved her so.
And I surprised her with a puppy,
kept me up all Christmas Eve, two years ago.
And it would sure embrass her when I came home
from working late ‘cause I would know.
That she’d been sittin there and cryin over
some sad and silly late, late show.
* And honey, I miss you..and I’m.. being good…
And I’d love to be with you, if only I could…
She wracked the car and she was sad
And so afraid that I’d be mad, but what the heck
Tho’ I pretended hard to be, guess you could say she
saw thro’ me and hugged my neck .
I came home unexpectedly and caught her
crying needlessly in the middle of the day .
And it was in the early spring when flowers blown
and Robbins sing, she went away
........ Repeat *….up 2#....
One day, while I wasn’t home,
While she was there and all alone the angels came.
Now all I have is memories of honey
and I wake up nights, and call her name.
Now my life’s an empty stage ,
where honey lived,and honey played and love grew up.
And a small cloud passes overhead and cries down in.
the flower bed that honey loved.
……Repeat **

No comments:

Post a Comment