Pages

Search Song Liryc

I’M A ROCK Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel

I’M A ROCK Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel

A winter’s day in a deep and dark.
December i am alone gazing from my window
To the streets below.
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
I am a rock, I am an island, I’ve built walls.
A fores deep and mighty.
That none may penetrate I have no need of friendship causes pain.
It’s laughter and it’s loving I disdain.
I am a rock, I am an island, don’t talk of love.
but I’ve heard the words before.
It’s sleeping in my memory
I won’t disturb the lumber of feelings
That have died if I never loved
I never would have cried.
I am a rock, I am an island, I have my books.
And my poetry to protect me
I am hielded in my armor.
Hiding in my room safe within my womb
I touch no one and one touches me.
I am a rock, I am an island.
And a rock feels no pain.
And an island never cries.

No comments:

Post a Comment